Sunday, August 28, 2011

Viviendo en Granada






I am now in Spain! I can't believe I've been living here for a couple days now, it has been crazy to adjust to a whole other country.  When Bret and I got here on Thursday we took a bus into the city and then a taxi to our hostel which we were staying at.  It was called the Oasis Hostel and it was really nice.  It was a ton of people who were our age as well and we're traveling through Europe.  The first picture is the view from its roof and the second picture is the lobby of the hostel.  We didn't really do too much that day because we were way too tired and jet lagged so we wandered and got dinner and then went to bed. On Friday we moved into our dormitorio next to the university.  The third picture is the room I'm living in (can't believe it's a single) and the fourth and fifth pictures are pictures of the dorm itself which is a really awesome building.  So far I've been meeting a ton of people in my program and it has been ton of fun to try and navigate this foreign country with some new people in my same situation.  That being said, the highlight of this whole thing has been making some Spanish friends.  They are all really into nicknames so I know them as Oso (Bear), Banata (Sweet potato), Punky Brewster, and Krusty the Clown.  It's was a lot of fun to hang out with them and have a chance to see a little bit of Spain through their eyes and words.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.What a great looking dorm. The nicknames are quite interesting too. How nice to have a single room.

    ReplyDelete